Sunday, August 25, 2013

Kids. There is no book that will prepare you for that adventure! For me, it has been the most rewarding journey I have ever dared to embark on. When I suddenly found myself as a single mom of three in 1987, I thought I’d never make it. But as He always is, God was there and He proved to be the most amazing Father to my three kids. Now I look at them all grown up and one with a child of his own and I just marvel. I stand in awe of who they turned out to be, especially with the knowledge of the hardships in which they grew up in and the hardships that this cruel world throws their way from time to time. God’s faithfulness at work! He alone took three very wounded babies and grew them up to be a man and two women of integrity and honor. They are the real deal. What you see is who they really are. Yes, God has done well with these three precious individuals. The truth is, I wish I were more like them. Thank you God for blessing me with the treasure of motherhood. Thank you for raising them up to be more like You every day. Thank you also for bringing me a third daughter whom I love dearly. She has been knitted into the hearts of our family forever. But, if that wasn’t enough blessing, You also brought me the most amazing grandson whom I cherish and adore. Yes Lord, you have been good to me and my family and I just feel so grateful! Kids....the best thing in my life!

No comments: