Thursday, August 29, 2013

Trust. This is a word deserving of more than five simple letters. The implications behind its meaning are undervalued by its short structure as a monosyllabic word. There is countless verbiage written that attempts to give homage to this idea of trust, but it is truly hard to pen it accurately. Every writer comes at it from their own worldview formed through the saturation of their own life experiences. Some paint it heroically like a character personified between the pages of a good romance novel. Others treat it as a deliberate sabotage towards the human race for the personal gain of evil doers. The individualism of human experience often dictates how this humble word is handled in the hearts of mankind. For me, trust has become a journey of a lifetime. That journey has not been easy. My heart has been shattered many times and I often said “I will never trust again!” Yet, here I am. Trusting once again. I have come to look at it as a gift from God that I treasure. No matter how many times I think it is broken and the pieces boxed up to never be looked at again, He surprises me with the God given ability to trust again. Somehow that box is opened up and the pieces glued back together into a beautiful gift that only He can give me. For me, God is the definition of trust and in Him I find complete safety.

No comments: