Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Not going to lie, today has been a tough day. It was messy and full of tears. Not every day is going to be sunny and bright. Some days, the fogginess of hurt, frustration and sorrow will settle around your shoulders like a disheveled hand-me-down quilt that has captured the tears of generations past. The weight of it ushers in a new level of exhaustion and there seems to be no way of escape. Burying yourself in work, watching a mindless movie, eating junk-food or even a time of prayer falls so short of bringing the relief you so desperately need. No comfort is found. We all have those days. So…where is God? Does He not see what that person did or does He not see how much she suffers?? There are no easy answers. Life hurts. For me, I have to reel in my emotions and put them in the backseat behind Truth. When I do that, I can rest in knowing that “because of the Lord’s great love, we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments: